Our desired location for the Smoothline ventilators for ventilation is a pair on opposite sides of the top ridgecapping with the amount of pairs coordinated to the size of the roof. (See Brochures & Instructions)
However for those who want to fix Smoothlines anywhere on the roof that they want to, find the two following variations that can be carried out to suit personal needs.
1st Variation to fix Smoothlines in any area of the roof covering (not located at ridgecapping)
1. Mark out, cut out for hole with top side marked out at 430 as illustrated.
2. Cut out rectangular, cut out and snip down either side to end of 430 mark as illustrated.
3. Turn up the corrugations of the metal sheeting within the cut hole as illustrated.
4. Lay the ventilator in place below the 430 line.
5. Slide the vent in place leaving a minimum of 20mil exposure and up to a maximum of 50mil exposure of the back of the vent, this will have to co-ordinate with the depth of the hole. For example: for 20mm exposure, hole depth 190mm.
6. Make sure the ventilator is firmly in place and rivett sides and front to roof sheeting, place filler into position 8mil beyond sheet as illustrated. Filler for corrugations can be brought from any hardware store.
7. Rivett filler in place as illustrated.
8. Silicon, seal (with plumber’s silicon which is paintable) open area making sure area is water tight.
9. Paint same colour as the roof to completion if the vent is powder coated just paint the silicon however this area basically will not be seen.
SECOND VARIATION TO FIXING SMOOTHLINES TO DIFFERENT AREAS ON THE ROOF
You can also use this method on skillion roofs with 2 ventilators inline using and intermediate flashing between ventilators and above ventilators if there is an eve to the top of the skillion.